Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Fear and Creativity: Another Fresh Start & Book Sale!

This has taken me a long time to get over... fear of failure, fear that no one likes my writing, fear of... well, lots of things. I was letting a lot get in my way but mostly it was fear. I think anyone in a creative endeavor feels this from time to time.

I also felt that maybe I could be contributing to another's fear as a critical reader.

But!

I also see that we are meant to rise above fear. Life is supposed to be hard. That's what we are built for! If life is too easy, it can almost loses meaning. We need to strive ever onward instead of stagnating.

And yes, that fear never goes away but perhaps that's a good thing! It makes us strive to make things better!

So... I am going to start writing again. This time I am going to go slowly and try not to lose heart. Or let writer's block get the best of me!

I hope you all enjoy what I have to say and that it brings some new ideas and thoughts your way as I introduce you to some (hopefully fabulous) books!

As a side note, I will be liquidating some of my library to make room for new additions! (Books breed like rabbits and bookcases breed like elephants!) so if you would like a certain book, please look for the notation saying that I own it, and comment! I will let most of my books go for a steal!

No comments: